Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Republican party voters oppresion effort

LOCAL News :: DC Radio Co-op, Free Speech Radio News, WPFW : Elections/Legislation/Government
GOP goes all-out to suppress turnout in PG, Montgomery counties
Author
WSQT Guerrilla Radio 1710 AM
Date Created
06 Nov 2006

The Republicans are doing everything they can to kill turnout in heavily Democratic PG and Montgomery County, MD. Governor Erlich(R)'s re-election could well depend on the sucess or failure of these efforts.


They have distributed "poll watcher's guides" instructing GOP party militants to go to polling places and aggressively challenge people's right to vote, citing any excuse.

They are specifically asking people to threaten poll workers with JAIL TIME for ignoring challenges! It is believed this will occur most heavily in PG County, where African-Americans are likley to vote overwhelmingly for O'Malley.

In neighboring Montgomery County, the electronic polling system is widely forecast to create election day chaos. GOP-sympathetic newspapers such as the Washington Post are playing this up in stoires that could discourage people from trying to vote.

GOP governor Erlich's famous absentee ballot could well be an effort to amp this u-p. Why else would Republicans complain about Diebold election equipment designed to help them steal an election?

3 comments:

jdbauer said...

Oh my god. I wish I had images and news. I hate getting all of it from Internet articles. So isolating, especially in the middle of the night in Denmark. No news, no talk...just the hum of the computer fan.

jdbauer said...

you're welcome to link to me if you'd like. I can make a link to you as well. A little more linkage never hurt anyone.

Keep posting.

jdbauer said...

Hey thanks! Ok, if give me your E-mail I'll give you the source code. Then you just paste it under your other links. If you go into your template you'll see toward the bottom with your existing links in code form. I referring to the indy film thing etc. Then you can place my link under that manually and save template changes.

I almost went to Athens in June 2001 for a friend's wedding.