Sunday, November 12, 2006

Homo as in homosexual... homophobic homoetc...

As a "genuine" filmmaker in my beginning... I work night a few days a week. So, I try to make the most of it. I observe closely people, the way they act, they talk, they sit, they eat, everything. I need to have real references for my ambitious... future... or so I hope... projects - I might end up translating other people's projects instead...

Anyway. I have to be as careful as I can be about my words cause this is a very sensitive issue. I am noticing slowly a change in women's and men's behaviors. Women are becoming more men and men becoming more women.

On one hand there are the homosexuals. Which means a clear "change" in their sexual preferences, according to what is considered normal of course.

On the other hand there are the straight people. They too seem to have their behaviors mixed, again according to what is considered normal. Women are the decision makers, more dynamic. Their voices are louder, they seem ready to walk ahead, while men seem more quiet, very neutral, deprived of the dynamics of a male.

I am left with a huge question mark and no matter how I try I can't figure it out. Why? Why has this happened to people. Or is it normal? And what we thought as normal was only the orders of religion and perhaps a society that had been opressed and led to the illusion of the two, seperate sexes.

Maybe the men and the women are supposed to have a clear line that distinguishes their sex only when it comes to making children. Maybe, since men can mate everyday - not like most animals - there is no differentiation between men and women and we just thought there was one.

Or maybe I am just stretching matters to the edge just to justify a situation that mystifies me.

My self I like men to be men, strong, straight forward, dynamic, in love with women. And I like women to be women, feminine, feminine, feminine. A word that says so much and contains such diversity and beauty.

But it is a matter that troubles my head everyday and noone seems to know the reasons behind this sex-social phenomenon...

5 comments:

jdbauer said...

Male guilt complex for keeping women down for centuries. Also metrosexuality, which has evolved from a generation of softer, more sensitive men beginning with a still all macho Marlon Brando trickling down to John Ritter, who's character on three's Company in the 70s and 80s defined a feminine male who got a lot of chicks. Women have been telling men for a very long time to be sensitive, equal partners and what it's produced are...well...men who are trying to behave like women or whatever they think it means to behave like women. Men are also afraid now to be labeled "manly" or misogynist. They (we) sometimes have trouble figuring out a balance between sensitivity, compassion and still being "men". We are trying though. I think many men feel that being male requires being aggressive and forcful and we don't want to be associated with the stigma of the "wife beater" male.

elena prio said...

Reading your post made me feel like being a man is so hard and complicated, when I always had a different opinion. Maybe us women don't really get it. I wish I could be a man only for a day so that I could feel all the emotions the thoughts that you guys have. That is an experience that I am definately not going to have though :)

jdbauer said...

Oh who cares, I say. Only as complex as we make it. I think we'll all just benefit so much more just being ourselves. I'm a man, you're a woman and I think we're both proud of who we are.

jdbauer said...

Elena you. I now have a new template. I think it's a "widget" template so I think all you need to do is - when you're signed in, just click on the little tool below where your links are in the sidebar. Then it'll give you the option to put in a link. You'll see a http:// and a space to put my URL in: www.collective-heartburn.blogspot.com
then it'll have a space to put in the title of my blog: Collective Heartburn or whatever you feel like. Your link on mine, the title is, Elena the film maker.
Enjoy! Life is too short to worry about links.

humanobserver said...

look madam,

you are aware of the fact that five fingers are not equal. So different people, different opinions. You can say the world is currently witnessing an aggressive sexual beahviour of human being.