Monday, November 06, 2006

children of men


I recently watched the movie Children of men and I must say I was shocked. It is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Technically perfect, it felt like I was actually watching a war documentary. Acting was excellent, Clive Owen was so much in character and so was everybody else.

The script amazed me. All the tools that scriptwriter used to make the story go forward. He kept inventing new people that would help the hero reach his goal. Like a perfect chain. And a every single person was so interesting and with such a strong character. People with loud past and personalities.

No words for directing. The emotional level was just high all the time especially from the middle to the end. How I could feel the desperation of mankind that had no hope or future. How I could feel the surprise of one single pregnant woman. The cry of the baby amidst the bullets and the rockets and the screams.




Congragulations to all the people that worked on this amazing project. I wish I could have been one of them. We need motion pictures like that. It certainly makes us think again before writing or directing a meaningless movie.

No comments: