Tuesday, November 14, 2006

How about a script?

So, as I was traveling with the sub I had an idea for a script, while I was overlooking at a disfigured and mentally ill passenger.

I know it is not clever to publish ideas - someone might steal it and shit like that - but I am full of ideas and if someone likes it enought to steal it then be my guest.

So, the idea is this.
A disfigured man lives alone in his dark apartment. He is about 32 years old and has never tasted the good side of life. So, he decides to kill him self.







Every time he gets there, drinking a certain poison, he hesitates. In his despair he kidnappes a woman from the street.




His plan is to make her hate him so much that she would kill him - since he would very cunningly pass the poison to her. In the beginning she does hate him and of course she screams for her freedom.

But he has the heart of a child and a poet. She is an artist. So, day by day a very strongbond is created between them. She draws his poems,





they make beautiful conversations, he reveals such a unique heart. But nothing changes his mind about dying. So, he decides to reveal the secret to her. Why he kidnapped her. She cries and she refuses. She has come to really care for this man.


Through a dramatic series of strong emotional moments, she understands that if she really cares for him as she does, she has to free him from his misery. In his despair he also threatened her that if she doesnt then he would never set her free. And one day, she pulls through. She puts the poison in his body and he smiles. He is finally free.




Pretty dark I know but has a lot of space for really powerful scenes. Would you like to give me ideas about their moments or write it with me?

5 comments:

jdbauer said...

Wow. It's kind of a Beauty and the Beast type story with a darker angle and twist. The whole captivity idea and she learns to trust her captor. What you wouldn't expect is for her to actually come through and kill him. That's what I like about it.

elena prio said...

If you have any idea about an incident between them or another twist in the story or even a dialogue, please by all means send it.

The idea of having a script written between bloggers is so exciting but I dont know how to make my self heard in between these thousands of bloggers.

I am so glad you liked it. I will work on it and publish the start. You never know. After we make your hobo doc we might shoot a feature. Ole!

jdbauer said...

Hey. I'M LINKED and honored. Ok, I've got final draft pro and can start sketching out ideas. I'm also thinking of Abre Los Ojos. Could there be a background to why he's disfigured, why it's a woman he has to hold captive and not just go to a dangerous bar and get himself killed and why poison?

Anonymous said...

I cannot help but wonder about the possibilities of intimacy in an apartment. For those of us who shy from the world, ordering everything online has minimized our interaction to desirable levels.

Cliched perhaps - but what if he met her online - where he actively scouted for women who appear to be dominating and courageous? And maybe the woman had her own secrets to hide - and pretended to be stronger online than she was offline?

PS - I obviously spend too much time online. :)

jdbauer said...

I like Neha's angle.